Parents are being reminded of the importance of cleaning their children’s toys properly after a gruesome footage captured maggots crawling out of a popular doll.
Alyssa Abston shared on Facebook a video of a maggot-infested Baby Alive doll belonging to a family friend after it scared her six-year-old niece.
The post went viral and the video has been shared over 62,000 times and has attracted more than 10,000 comments.
The clip shows maggots crawling inside the doll, which can be fed pretend snacks with a special spoon before it is ‘pooped’ into a nappy.
The nappy, which comes with the doll, was also shown to be infested by maggots.
The video was viewed more than ten million times on Facebook as Alyssa reminded parents to clean the inside the dolls properly or face the horrific consequences.
She wrote: “So for anyone whose kid has a Baby Alive or a baby doll that can be ‘fed’, please please make sure you wash it with hot water and soap after each use!”
There are numerous varieties of the Baby Alive dolls, which are manufactured by Hasbro and recommended for children from the age of three.
The description for one, the Baby Alive Super Snacks Snackin’ Lily Blonde, states: “Snackin Lily is an adorable baby with a big appetite.
But let’s not all pretend that children never feel the need to share real food, bottle feed or even breastfeed their dolls.
“With the reusable doll food and snack shaper, kids can get creative and make different kinds of yummy looking pretend food for her.
However, the Baby Alive dolls does come with a warning to “use only Baby Alive reusable doll food with this Baby Alive doll,” but parenting is often all about basic common sense.
“Maggot” Video snippet credit of Alyssa Abston’s Facebook.
Baby Alive Doll Photos and video snippet credit of Hasbro.
ADVICE TO ALL PARENTS:
The moral to this story is to keep in mind that ANY dolls that can be ‘fed’, even if they come with pretend food, may end up consuming real food fed by your child. It is wise to check them every now and then and clean if necessary.
Stomach-churning footage shows maggots crawling out of Baby Alive doll as mum warns parents to clean toys properly. Warning to mums after maggots crawl out of child’s baby doll. Mum shares horror footage of maggot infested Baby Alive doll to raise awareness. Teen, 18, horrified to discover MAGGOTS inside tot’s £35 Baby Alive doll as she warns other parents to clean toys properly. Mum shares horror footage of maggot infested toy doll. Baby Alive doll infested with maggots. Mum’s warning after maggots infest Baby Alive doll. Video shows Baby Alive doll infested with MAGGOTS. Woman picks up doll and makes gut-churning discovery. Baby Alive doll infested with maggots.
Click to view this channel for more videos : https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRedPhoenixOne